tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Craig R. McClanahan" <craig...@apache.org>
Subject Re: tomcat session problem
Date Thu, 25 Oct 2001 15:09:49 GMT
It's more likely to be a problem with your application, or a
misunderstanding of how browsers handle cookies.

In general, cookies are *not* specific to a particular browser window.
Therefore, all windows that the client has open are part of the same
session.  This is the way Netscape (at least 4.7.x) always runs -- but in
IIS it's configurable.  But the bottom line is that you cannot expect each
window to be running in its own session.

Craig