tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Nd Ngoka <ngo...@yahoo.com>
Subject Problem: class path can't be set dynamically
Date Sun, 21 Oct 2001 14:10:46 GMT

Hi,
I am a new user of jakarta-tomcat. I have installed
the entire program required. When, I try to run the
tomcat, via the startup button, I get the following
message below.
(I have the following in my computer, window 98,
jakarta-tomcat-3.2.1, and java development kit version
1.3.)
Thanks for your time. I really hope, you can be of
help. My email address is ngokan@yahoo.com .

Message outputted on screen:

 Unable to ser CLASSPATH dynamically.
 Note: To set the CLASSPATH dynamically on win9x
 systems
  only DOS 8.3
         names may be used in TOMCAT_HOME!
 Setting your CLASSPATH statically.

 Using CLASSPATH:

  C:\jakarta-tomcat-3.2.1\classes;C:\jakarta-tomcat-
  3.2.1\lib\ant.jar;C:\jaka

  ta-tomcat-3.2.1\lib\jasper.jar;C:\jakarta-tomcat-
  3.2.1\lib\jaxp.jar;C:\jaka

  ta-tomcat-3.2.1\lib\parser;C:\jakarta-tomcat-
  3.2.1\lib\servlet.jar;C:\jakar
t a-tomcat-3.2.1\lib\webserver.jar

 Starting Tomcat in new window
 Cannot find file C:\jdk_1.3.1\bin\java (or one
 of
 its
  components).
 Check to ensure the path and filename are
 correct
 and that
  all required
 libraries are available.