tomcat-users mailing list archives

From mperreno <mperr...@iismail.unil.ch>
Subject Heavy JServ configuration has to migrate to tomcat
Date Fri, 19 Oct 2001 18:15:26 GMT
Here is my actual config in short:
apache 1.3.12 with ApacheJServ
~140 virutal hosts
29 servlets zone
3 zones are mounted in httpd.conf (not from a <Virtualhost> tag) and they're
accessible from every vhsot.
some vhosts have one zone mounted, some have two
Mounting points almost always consist of one dir (i.e. ApJServMount /foo
/bar and not ApJServMount /foobar/servlet   /zoneXX) and there is no naming
convention: mounting points have name like /servlet /serlvets /script
/dynamic /foo /bar, ...

I want to achieve the same result with mod_jk and tomcat, I have the
following problems:
1. The doc tells that contexts can't be deployed accross vhost. Actually it
seems to work if I put the Jk_mount out of the <virtualhost> tags but as soon
as I mount another context in a vhost, it forgets about the "cross-vhost"
context.

2. servlets URLs are defined as contextPath + servletPath but servletPath
must contain prefix as defined in the InvokerInterceptor (/servlet/ by
default.) Do I have to define multiple InvokerInterceptor or should I use
prefix='/' to reflect my old zone mount points (I have *many* links pointing
to them in html doc and servlets)

3. <Host ...> definitions in server.xml doesn't seem to support the
ServerAlias directive from Apache. Do I have to declare all hosts? (virtuals
and aliases)

4. Well, I'm a bit lost in Invokers, Contexts, web.xml, server, xml... I'm
looking for a magic spell to transform my JServ in Tomcat

thanks a lot

--
mathieu perrenoud [iis]