tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Norihisa Washitake <n...@washitake.com>
Subject Re: how to use *.jsp w/ mod_webapp?
Date Fri, 19 Oct 2001 02:51:29 GMT
Hi,
I'm getting confused.  So forgive me asking twice.

I've been used mod_jk to enable users jsp programming by

   JkMount /~user/*.jsp ajp12

It was very simple:

   o because I don't care what or how many jsps are in
     the server.
   o because users don't have to do nothing but simply upload
     a jsp, and it works.

But there is no way to do that with webapp module?

I wrote, in httpd.conf:

   WebAppConnection warpConnection warp localhost:8008
   WebAppDeploy user warpConnection /~user/*.jsp

but it does not work, and apache freeze.
(I mean, everything stops and connection time outs).

What should I do next?

| Date: Thu, 18 Oct 2001 14:18:59 -0500
| From: JS <pooquey@pooquey.com>
| Subject: Re: how to use *.jsp w/ mod_webapp?

> These are the additions I've included in httpd.conf to make mod_webapp serve
> jsp:
> LoadModule webapp_module libexec/mod_webapp.so
>
> <IfModule mod_webapp.c>
> WebAppConnection warpConnection warp localhost:8008
> WebAppDeploy examples warpConnection /examples/
> WebAppDeploy webdav warpConnection /webdav/
> </IfModule>
>
> make sure the ServerName directive is uncommented.
>
> Hope that helps.
>
> On Thursday 18 October 2001 11:53, you wrote:
> > Hi,
> > I've built mod_webapp.so at last.
> >
> > When i was using mod_jk, my httpd.conf included:
> > > JkMount /*.jsp ajp12
> >
> > to enable JSP on apache.
> >
> > Now what shoud I rewrite that to?
> >
> > Using WebAppDeploy directive?
> > If so, please give me an example.
> >
> > ---
> > Truly Yours,
> > Norihisa Washitake <nori@washitake.com>
>
> --
> paak, n:	A stadium or inclosed playing field. To put or leave (a
> 			a vehicle) for a time in a certain location.
> patato, n:	The starchy, edible tuber of a widely cultivated plant.
> Septemba, n:	The 9th month of the year.
> shua, n:	Having no doubt; certain.
> sista, n:	A female having the same mother and father as the speaker.
> tamato, n:	A fleshy, smooth-skinned reddish fruit eaten in salads
> 			or as a vegetable.
> troopa, n:	A state policeman.
> Wista, n:	A city in central Masschewsetts.
> yaad, n:	A tract of ground adjacent to a building.
> 		-- Massachewsetts Unabridged Dictionary

---