tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Dr. Evil" <dre...@sidereal.kz>
Subject When is the setPageContext method invoked in TagSupport?
Date Mon, 15 Oct 2001 07:54:38 GMT

I am writing some taglib stuff by extending the TagSupport class.  I
had the idea of overriding the setPageContext method like this:

public void setPageContext(PageContext pageContext) {
       ServletRequest req = pageContext.getRequest();
       String pagename = req.getParameter("pagename");
       super.setPageContext(pageContext);
       }

This way I could get the GET field "pagename" and do some
initialization based on it.

However, it seemed when I tried this that the ServletRequest object
was set up after the setPageContext method was being called, because
the variables never showed up there.  Is this the case?  Is there any
other way to do what I'm trying to do here?

Thanks