tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Arnaud Héritier <aherit...@sopra.com>
Subject RE: TOMCAT 4.0 + APACHE + AJP 1.3 : look at this.
Date Thu, 11 Oct 2001 10:30:43 GMT

It seems that there's no release for windows of the other connector :
mod_webapp.
So I think that is the only connector available today except that you want
and you can compile the mod_webapp connector under a Windows Plateform.

I followed instructions from this documents and adapted them for TC 4.0.

So here is what I done .

1) Tomcat 4.0 :
- Be carefull to do not install TC4 in a path with spaces " " !!!!!
otherwise you should use the 8.3 directory names to configure TC
- In the server/lib subdirectory of TC4 add the ajp.jar and the
tomcat-util.jar
- in the conf subdirectory copy the workers.properties from a TC 3.2. Edit
it and fill the lines :

	workers.tomcat_home=C:\Programs\Tomcat4.0
	workers.java_home=C:\Programs\jdk1.3.1

with your own configuration.
- Edit the server.xml and add the AJP connector like this :

<!-- Connector for AJP 1.3 -->
               acceptCount="10" debug="0" connectionTimeout="0" />

Now the tomcat server is ready

2) Apache
- firstly copy the mod_jk.dll from the TC3 distrib in the apache modules
subdirectory
- Configure Apache
Contrary to TC3, TC4 do not generate the Apache configuration.
So you should do it yourself.

At the end of your httpd.conf file you should add (and adapt)

# TC 4.0 settings

#
# The following line instructs Apache to load the jk module
#
LoadModule jk_module modules/mod_jk.dll

JkWorkersFile "C:/Programs/Tomcat4.0/conf/workers.properties"
JkLogFile "C:/Programs/Tomcat4.0/logs/mod_jk.log"

#
# Log level to be used by mod_jk
#
JkLogLevel error

#
# Root context mounts for Tomcat
#
JkMount /*.jsp ajp13
JkMount /servlet/* ajp13

Then for each Context you had created in tomcat you should had a paragraph
like this (it's the same thong as in TC3):
Here my context is /pfe
and the directory of the web-app is C:/Work/Dev/pfe/stock/gui/dist/pfe-gui

#
# The following line makes apache aware of the location of the /pfe context
#
Alias /pfe "C:/Work/Dev/pfe/stock/gui/dist/pfe-gui"
<Directory "C:/Work/Dev/pfe/stock/gui/dist/pfe-gui">
    Options Indexes FollowSymLinks
</Directory>

#
# The following line mounts all JSP files and the /servlet/ uri to tomcat
#
JkMount /pfe/servlet/* ajp13
JkMount /pfe/*.jsp ajp13
JkMount /pfe/*.do ajp13

#
# The following line prohibits users from directly accessing WEB-INF
#
<Location "/pfe/WEB-INF/">
    AllowOverride None
    deny from all
</Location>
#
# Use Directory too. On Windows, Location doesn't work unless case matches
#
<Directory "C:/Work/Dev/pfe/stock/gui/dist/pfe-gui/WEB-INF/">
    AllowOverride None
    deny from all
</Directory>

#
# The following line prohibits users from directly accessing META-INF
#
<Location "/pfe/META-INF/">
    AllowOverride None
    deny from all
</Location>
#
# Use Directory too. On Windows, Location doesn't work unless case matches
#
<Directory "C:/Work/Dev/pfe/stock/gui/dist/pfe-gui/META-INF/">
    AllowOverride None
    deny from all
</Directory>

You can also do the same type of things to deploy the web-app directly as
the root of apache.

To help you, I join my configuration files.

Wishing that this explainations will help you.

arno.