tomcat-users mailing list archives

From david chan <davidchantftom...@yahoo.com>
Subject IIS and tomcat 323 load balancing
Date Wed, 10 Oct 2001 18:39:48 GMT
Hi,
 Can I set up IIS forward request to more than one
tomcat instance for load balancing/scalability
purpose?
 I search this mailing list and found most of
discussion are for Apache/tomcat by using mode_jk.
 I read some of the tomcat documents and is it true
that one instance of tomcat will be a load balance
manager, it will forward request to other tomcat
workers with sticky session.
 I already setup IIS with tomcat by using the
isapi_redirect.dll, so I just need to configure tomcat
for loadbalancing ?
 Any difference between IIS/tomcat and Apache/tomcat
in load balancing ?
 Can a user session survive a tomcat crash ?

Thanks.
David