tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Janek Bogucki <jane...@yahoo.co.uk>
Subject Re: mod_webapp or APJ
Date Tue, 09 Oct 2001 11:06:15 GMT
If you are new to TC connectors, Alexs comment may
well save you some time and is a valuable perspective.

However, I think it's still worth trying to build,
install and configure mod_webapp as it works okay in
my development setup on Red Hat Linux 7.1 so far and
the basic idea of deployment of webapps controlled
from a sinlge location (the Apache configuration file,
httpd.conf) is good.

Perhaps give yourself a limit on the amount of time
you devote to mod_webapp before switching to the more
established APJ technology. At least that way you'll
have a personal view of the two options.

HTH,
Janek Bogucki