tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Brent Denver <bcarlet...@yahoo.com>
Subject Tomcat 4.0 Startup Defect
Date Tue, 02 Oct 2001 15:17:03 GMT
I’ve got Tomcat 4.0 installed using JDK1.3.1 on
Windows 2000 Professional. I have been able to
successfully call a TestServlet that I deployed to it.
However, when I put the j2ee.jar archive in the
$CATALINA_HOME/lib directory (for the EJB package),
Tomcat won’t even start successfully. The log gives
the following exception…

javax.servlet.ServletException: Class
org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet is not a Servlet
	at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapper.load(Unknown
Source)
	at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.loadOnStartup(Unknown
Source)
	at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.start(Unknown
Source)
	at
org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.addChild(Unknown
Source)
	at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHost.addChild(Unknown
Source)
	at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHost.install(Unknown
Source)
	at
org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig.deployApps(Unknown
Source)
	at
org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig.start(Unknown
Source)
	at
org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig.lifecycleEvent(Unknown
Source)
	at
org.apache.catalina.util.LifecycleSupport.fireLifecycleEvent(Unknown
Source)
	at
org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.start(Unknown
Source)
	at
org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.start(Unknown
Source)
	at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngine.start(Unknown
Source)
	at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardService.start(Unknown
Source)
	at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardServer.start(Unknown
Source)
	at org.apache.catalina.startup.Catalina.start(Unknown
Source)
	at
org.apache.catalina.startup.Catalina.execute(Unknown
Source)
	at
org.apache.catalina.startup.Catalina.process(Unknown
Source)
	at org.apache.catalina.startup.Bootstrap.main(Unknown Source)