tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Arnaud Héritier <aherit...@sopra.com>
Subject RE: Can't use Cookies in tag libraries ?????
Date Tue, 02 Oct 2001 14:40:05 GMT
After studying the problem, I'm agree with you Fernando.
It's not a good idea to access to the header components from a taglibrary.
I found a bypass to my problem substituting a <jsp:include> tag which flush
the content by a <@ include> which doesn't.
It works in this case but it's very bad and it reduces enormously the reuse
of my taglibrary.
I thinks that this problem is very annoying. I wouldn't do a very
complicated thing. I developped a page by page iterator, and I wanted to
store from the taglibrary in a cookie the number of lines selected by the
user, in order to be transparent in the jsp page.
what a shame that cookies are transfered in the header :-(

too bad for me

arno

messagerie)" <tomcat-user@jakarta.apache.org>
messagerie)" <struts-user@jakarta.apache.org>, (bcc: Fernando
>                     ra.com>               Salazar/CAM/Lotus)

>                                          Subject:     RE: Can't use
Cookies in tag libraries ?????