tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Arnaud Héritier <aherit...@sopra.com>
Subject Can't use Cookies in tag libraries ?????
Date Tue, 02 Oct 2001 10:03:04 GMT
Hi all !!

I face up to a problem concerning the use of cookies in a tag library.

In my tag library I would like to store a cookie on the client.
I wrote this in the doStartTag method of my tag :

	HttpServletResponse httpResponse = (HttpServletResponse)pageContext.getResponse();
	Cookie cookie = new Cookie("myCookie","cookie");
	httpResponse.addCookie(cookie);

but when later I retreive the list of cookies, this one is lacking.

I tried to create cookies in my servlet and it works fine.

I don't understand what it can happen !!!

Can't we use cookies from tag libraries ????

my configuration is :
Tomcat 3.2.3
AJP1.2
Apache 1.3.20