tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Craig R. McClanahan" <craig...@apache.org>
Subject RE: Can't use Cookies in tag libraries ?????
Date Tue, 02 Oct 2001 16:12:58 GMT

On Tue, 2 Oct 2001, Arnaud Héritier wrote:

> Date: Tue, 2 Oct 2001 12:12:33 +0200
> From: Arnaud Héritier <aheritier@sopra.com>
> To: "Tomcat-User (Adresse de messagerie)" <tomcat-user@jakarta.apache.org>
> Subject: RE: Can't use Cookies in tag libraries ?????
>
> I just try to test with tomcat 4.0 standalone and I have the same problem :-(
>
> Craig, an idea ????

There is no difference in how cookies are handled between JSP pages and
servlets -- therefore the potential gotchas are the same.  Two common
reasons why cookies might not work for you:

* Cookies have to be set *before* the response is committed,
  because they are transmitted in HTTP headers.

* Cookies cannot be added inside a servlet or JSP page that has
  been included via RequestDispatcher.include() or <jsp:include>.

Craig