tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Paul Mapstone <Paul.Mapst...@t-mi.com>
Subject Debugging servlets in Tomcat 4
Date Wed, 10 Oct 2001 12:27:43 GMT
We have been using Tomcat 3.2 for over a year and have had great success
with it.  On trying out Tomcat 4 however, we have found that it takes
considerably longer to start up in debug than the old 3.2 server.  We use
JBuilder 4 for all development and have found that it can take about 1.5
minutes between starting the Web server in JBuilder and actually arriving in
a servlet.  This used to take seconds with 3.2.2.  Server performance is
fine once the server has fully started up.

Does anyone know of a way to significantly speed up start-up?

Tokyo-Mitsubishi International plc of 6 Broadgate, London EC2M 2AA
is regulated by The Securities and Futures Authority.

This message is intended solely for the individual addressee named
above. The information contained in this E-Mail is confidential
and may be legally privileged. If you are not the intended recipient
please delete.

Messages sent via this medium may be subject to delays, non-delivery
and unauthorised alteration. The information contained herein has
been obtained from sources we believe to be reliable but we do not
represent that it is accurate or complete, and therefore,
Tokyo-Mitsubishi International plc, its affiliates and staff cannot
be held responsible or liable for the contents of this message. The
foregoing is not an offer or solicitation to buy or sell any
security, instrument or investment.

In addition Tokyo-Mitsubishi International plc, or any affiliated
company, may have an interest, position, or effect transactions, in
any investment mentioned herein.  Any opinions or recommendations
expressed herein are solely those of the author or analyst.