tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Mike Dewhirst <Dewhirs...@ucles.org.uk>
Subject RE: Performance : Tomcat vs IIS
Date Wed, 10 Oct 2001 11:56:31 GMT
You can't compare the two. IIS is a web/script server (+MS DCOM, .NET, etc),
not an app server (like Tomcat, Weblogic, Websphere, etc.) You could serve
html pages through it, but if that's all you want - use Apache HTTP server
or iPlanet... Also, you can't run java apps on IIS, so how could you compare
it to Tomcat based on that?

Hope this makes things clearer.

=**********************************************************

If you are not the intended recipient, employee or agent responsible for delivering the message
to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination or copying of this
communication and its attachments is strictly prohibited.

If you have received this communication and its attachments in error, please return the original
message and attachments to the sender using the reply facility on e-mail.

Internet communications are not secure and therefore the UCLES Group does not accept legal
responsibility for the contents of this message.  Any views or opinions presented are solely
those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of the UCLES Group unless otherwise
specifically stated.

MIMEsweeper for the presence of computer viruses although this does not guarantee that this
email is virus free.