tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "James Williamson" <ja...@nameonthenet.co.uk>
Subject Re: mod_webapp connector on linux
Date Wed, 03 Oct 2001 09:35:23 GMT
> I recognize this problem, and it seems like a connector-problem. The
Apache Server
> can not connect to Tomcat.
>
> I solved it with starting Tomcat before starting Apache. This means that
everytime
> I have to restart Tomcat, I have to restart Apache.
>
> // Matias
>
> > Have you tried restarting Apache?

Having been having a look round the mod_webapp code (trying to get it to
recognise wildcards for deployment) it looks like when Apache initialises
itself, it attempts to make the connection, and then gives up. Try
re-compiling it with debugging on, you'll see in the Apache logs like this:

[Wed Oct 3 10:13:24 2001] 1739] Connection "con" cannot connect

So it looks like you must either start Tomcat before Apache, or restart
Apache if that's not the case.

James