tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Chase" <>
Subject Re: tomcat stand alone and multiple ips.
Date Wed, 31 Oct 2001 19:52:08 GMT

----- Original Message -----
From: <>
To: "Tomcat Users List" <>
Sent: Wednesday, October 31, 2001 4:19 PM
Subject: tomcat stand alone and multiple ips.

> How can I attach an instance of tomcat to a specific ip?  Right now it
> monitors port 80
> on all ips on the box.  Can I have one instance of tomcat host multiple
> 'virtual' sites or do I need
> to run seperate instances of tomcat listening to different ips?

Looks like you can have mutiple virtual hosts for one instance of Tomcat.

> Do I have to run tomcat with apache to do this?

No, and I've only tested on W2k but the connector that looks to be the
default with Tomcat 4 for doing this doesn't work correctly. (or more
correctly the apache module seems broken).  It may be possible to use some
of the connector modules from 3.x Tomcat but I haven't tried yet. The other
option for making tthe two work together is the proxy module.

To unsubscribe, e-mail:   <>
For additional commands, e-mail: <>

View raw message