tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Naresh Agarwal" <nagar...@firstrain.com>
Subject Re: Performance : Tomcat vs IIS
Date Wed, 10 Oct 2001 15:59:24 GMT
Hi Mike

As rightly pointed out by Randy, i was looking for a comparison of IIS and
Tomcat, if both of them host Soap Service.
IIS hosts Soap service, if Microsoft Soap implementation is used and Tomcat
hosts Soap services, if Apache Soap is used.

Thanks,

Regards,
Naresh Agarwal

----- Original Message -----
From: "Mike Dewhirst" <Dewhirst.M@ucles.org.uk>
To: <tomcat-user@jakarta.apache.org>
Sent: Wednesday, October 10, 2001 5:26 PM
Subject: RE: Performance : Tomcat vs IIS

> You can't compare the two. IIS is a web/script server (+MS DCOM, .NET,
etc),
> not an app server (like Tomcat, Weblogic, Websphere, etc.) You could serve
> html pages through it, but if that's all you want - use Apache HTTP server
> or iPlanet... Also, you can't run java apps on IIS, so how could you
compare
> it to Tomcat based on that?
>
> Hope this makes things clearer.

delivering the message to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified
that any dissemination or copying of this communication and its attachments
is strictly prohibited.

> If you have received this communication and its attachments in error,
please return the original message and attachments to the sender using the
reply facility on e-mail.

> Internet communications are not secure and therefore the UCLES Group does
not accept legal responsibility for the contents of this message.  Any views
or opinions presented are solely those of the author and do not necessarily
represent those of the UCLES Group unless otherwise specifically stated.

> MIMEsweeper for the presence of computer viruses although this does not
guarantee that this email is virus free.