tomcat-users mailing list archives

From David Smith <d...@cornell.edu>
Subject Re: using Apache and Tomcat 4.0
Date Tue, 30 Oct 2001 16:23:40 GMT
Here's what's in my dev system.  I used the INSTALL.txt file distributed with
the mod_webapp source as a doc reference for this (attached).

# This is put in httpd.conf after the last LoadModule directive --
LoadModule webapp_module      modules/mod_webapp.so

# This is put in httpd.conf after the last AddModule directive --
AddModule mod_webapp.c

# I put this is httpd.conf after the above AddModule directive --
WebAppConnection  tomcat4_connect  warp  localhost:8008

# I entered this in commonhttpd.conf (Mandrake 8 dist of Apache 1.3.19)
# Don't know if commonhttpd.conf is a part of other Apache installs
<IfModule mod_webapp.c>
  WebAppDeploy examples	tomcat4_connect		/warp_examples
  WebAppDeploy cocoon		tomcat4_connect		/warp_cocoon
  WebAppDeploy henry		tomcat4_connect		/henry
</IfModule>

Aliasing is not required as all requests to http://localhost/warp_examples
are sent through the warp connection defined by 'tomcat4_connect' to the
examples context in Tomcat.  Static content included.

Read through the INSTALL.txt I've included from one of the recent mod_webapp
nightly snapshots.  The log files should be able to offer some information on
what's happening as well.

--David Smith