tomcat-users mailing list archives

From David Smith <d...@cornell.edu>
Subject Re: newbie question: Setting up MySql JDBC with Tomcat 4.0
Date Tue, 23 Oct 2001 15:53:18 GMT
I have a near identical setup with MySQL, TC 4.0.1, Mandrake Linux 8.  There
are a couple of things here.

-- the JDBC driver as downloaded is not the jar to be put in Tomcat.  It's
actually a zip file with the real .JAR plus source plus docs.  Unzip it and
use the jar mm.mysql-2.0.4.jar.

-- the docs for the mysql JDBC driver specs an amperstand character (instead
of semi-colon) between the username and password if you encode them in the
URI.  I didn't do that.  Instead, I dropped the username and password from
the URI and placed them in where you have ""s in the call to getConnection
example: ... = DriverManager.getConnection( connectionURL, "user", "pass" ) ;

-- last thing I see is that MySQL seems to like a semi-colon at the end of
all SQL statements.

Hope this help you out.

--David Smith