tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Chase" <ch...@osdev.org>
Subject Apache httpd + tomcat = flaky
Date Mon, 29 Oct 2001 02:01:31 GMT
Hello all,

I'm running on W2K, apache 1.3.22 and Tomcat 4.0.1.

Tomcat  is running fine on it's default ports and so is apache.  Both are
fresh installs. I downloaded and installed the mod_webapp module as the
install.txt says to for Windows.

Right before the virtual host section of my httpd.conf I added the lines:

LoadModule webapp_module modules/mod_webapp.so
WebAppConnection warpConnection warp localhost:8008
WebAppDeploy examples warpConnection /examples/

And it works for a little bit. Apache is forwarding all my requests for
/examples/ to Tomcat without me specifing the port number. But if I refresh
a couple of times it stops working.

Regular apache content still shows fine and I can still pull up webapps
directly thru tomcat when I specify the port but I have to restart apache
before I can pull up any webapps thru apache. It's very repeatable, maybe at
the most about 10 refreshes. Anyone else having problems with
"webapp-module-1.0-tc40" ?

Thanks for any help,
 Chase