tomcat-users mailing list archives

From (Jonathan Pierce)
Subject TagLibs in Tomcat4.0.1
Date Mon, 22 Oct 2001 16:55:35 GMT
I'm trying to use tag libraries for the first time in Tomcat 4.0.1. I thought
I'd try the io taglib first. I followed the instructions, and added the taglib
element to the examples/WEB-INF/web.xml file as described in the documentation,
but I'm getting a SAX parse error that I don't understand since the xml looks
correct to me.

The DTD looks correct, and the tag being complained about looks valid to me.
What am I doing wrong here?

My Tomcat4.0.1 \webapps\examples\WEB-INF\web.xml contains the following:

<!DOCTYPE web-app

The error message I get is below: The taglib tag is mentioned in the error so I
don't understand what is wrong.

Starting service Tomcat-Standalone
Apache Tomcat/4.0.1
PARSE error at line 284 column 11
org.xml.sax.SAXParseException: The content of element type "web-app" must match
Starting service Tomcat-Apache
Apache Tomcat/4.0.1

View raw message