tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Nicholas Waltham" <>
Subject Problem with JSP Pages
Date Wed, 10 Oct 2001 17:24:28 GMT
We are running IIS 4.0 on NT with the isapi_redir.dll

Servlet-Engine:Tomcat Web Server/3.1 (JSP 1.1; Servlet 2.2; Java 1.2.2;
NT 4.0 x86; java.vendor=Sun Microsystems Inc.)

We found out that the problem is in the way Tomcat handles requests and
creates precompiled files for jsp.

As we already notice, the following works
And the following does not
Please note the lowercase "a" in the second URL.

I then copied dbase1.jsp to dbase3.jsp and called it (the first time)
using the following URL
And it works.
Then, trying with it does

This means that Tomcat creates the precompiled files when it gets the
first request and fixes the case.

Infact under d:\Tomcat\work\localhost_8080%2Fag we can find the files for
both pages that are

Again, note the lowercase "a".

Therefore, in a case insensitive enviroment of Windows NT with NTFS, there
is a case sensitivity
once the precompiled files have been created. The name can be different
depending on the case
used the first time the URL is used.

How can we solve this problem!!! Is this problem known, is there a patch?

Thanks in advance,
Nicholas Waltham

View raw message