tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Aurélie Lucet - Atlog <aure...@atlog.tm.fr>
Subject Permanent NullPointerException
Date Fri, 26 Oct 2001 07:49:36 GMT
Hi,

I have a very big problem trying to run quite simple JSP pages with tomcat
4.0.1 (running on WinNT 4 SP6a).
My code is like this :

"
<jsp:useBean id="listeCli" class="atlog.ufop.clients.ListePersonnes"/>
<%
    String str = request.getParameter("rSelection");
    try {
        Vector v = listeCli.getListePersonnes(false, true);
        out.println(v == null);
    catch (NullPointerException e) {
         System.out.println("exception");
    } finally {
        System.out.println("fin");
    }
%>
"

I've tried other ways to print my results on the page (Pick up directly the
ResultSet for example), but i always have a NullPointerException. In the
Catalina console, I have the result of "out.println(v == null)", it returns
"false" ; i don't have "exception" and i have "fin". The bean ListePersonnes
works well.
I don't see why I always have NullPointerExceptions ? Can you help me to
understand why ?

Regards,
Lily
www.khamoon.com