tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Nikola Milutinovic" <>
Subject Re: taglib dtd
Date Thu, 11 Oct 2001 06:31:44 GMT
> I have just implemented Tomcat 4.0 on a Linux box.  I will be writing some
> JSPs that will connect to an Oracle 8.1.7 database on a remote machine.  I
> am having trouble connecting to the database with my JSPs.  The error
> message I get is:
> java.sql.SQLException: No Suitable driver

Have you loaded the driver for Oracle JDBC? I believe (haven't tested my PostgreSQL yet) the
way to do it is to add to CATALINA_OPTS "-Djdbc.driver=<Oracle's class for JDBC>". In
my case, it was "-Djdbc.driver=org.postgresq.Driver". Then of course, you need oracle's JAR
in appropriate place, I belive it is ${TOMCAT_HOME}/common/lib/

View raw message