tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Heath Stewart" <hstew...@esotericrealm.com>
Subject Re: Using jsp / servlets for main web site?
Date Mon, 01 Oct 2001 19:37:25 GMT
I just started over from scratch and have everything working right except
for c2. I've google'd the 'net as much as I can google and haven't found a
solution. I've tried several things people have done to get it working (like
below), but to no avail:

Here's what I've done so far (from the install files to a few suggestions.
1. Install tomcat and set $CATALINA_HOME to the installation point.
2. Same with c2, except with $COCOON2_HOME.
3. coped the xerces-*.jar from $COCOON2_HOM/lib to $CATALINA_HOME/server/lib
4. Uncommented the bit about using XercesParser in
$CATALINE_HOME/webapps/cocoon/cocoon.xconf.
5. ./build.sh -Dinclude.webapp.libs=yes -Dinstall.war=$CATALINA_HOME/webapps
6. Restarted tomcat

Everything talks on port 8080 (still haven't gotten SSL to work on 8443, but
that's a different subject) fine: servlets run and jsp pages are parsed. I
can even access with the /manager/ context with my changes to the
tomcat-users.xml file, but I still can't access /cocoon. Same error:

"The sitemap handler's sitemap is not available. ..."

Does anyone else remember getting this and what they did to fix it? I can't
find anymore ideas. TIA

Heath Stewart
Systems Administrator / Developer
EsotericRealm