tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Nikola Milutinovic" <Nikola.Milutino...@ev.co.yu>
Subject Re: [GENERAL] Problems setting up PostgreSQL and Tomcat JDBC connection
Date Tue, 23 Oct 2001 06:48:51 GMT
> When I wrote a servlet for TC3.2.3, before Connection conn=bla..., I had
> Class.forName("org.postgresql.driver");
> As far as the location of postgresql.jar, I had it in JDK_HOME/lib and in
> TOMCAT_HOME/lib at least (maybe in WEB-INF/lib as well - I can't remember)

Thanks. I have postgresql.jar in a proper location, it seams. Looks like it is either not
getting loaded or not registered as a JDBC driver.

QUESTION 1: How can I check if a particular jar/class has been accepted by the classloader?
QUESTION 2: Again, what is the proper way of specifying a "system-wide" JDBC driver in Tomcat
4.0?

Nix.