tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Bob Kersten" <>
Subject tomcat and servlet directories
Date Wed, 31 Oct 2001 14:00:36 GMT

    I've installed TomCat 3.2 and it's serving .JSP files as it supposed
to. But now I have a new project which I have to work my way into, and
it's not working as it should. Look at the following tree:

    When I run a make (which works fine) my /servlet directory contains a
lot of .class files. In the /data directory there's an index.html file
which links to, let's say, '/webxt/servlet/userConfig' (note; without the
.class extension, heck, without ANY extension). There is actually a
userConfig.class file in this directory, so logically it has something to
do with that file. I can point my browser to the /webxt/servlet directory
and manually click the userConfig.class file, but it then starts
downloading the file. I'm not quite sure what's missing in my
configuration files and what I need to do to get this environment working.

    I'm running Tomcat along with Apache, and as I said, it serves
standalone .jsp files just fine. Is there someone who can point out to me
what I need to do now?

Thnx in advance,

To unsubscribe, e-mail:   <>
For additional commands, e-mail: <>