tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "David Treves" <dw...@macam.ac.il>
Subject please help me to pass that obstacle...
Date Sun, 21 Oct 2001 09:27:06 GMT
Hi,

I am really tired of that trial and error games... I am trying to have the
Tomcat look for EJB object stored in JBoss application server.

I am using Tomcat  and JBoss 2.4.0.

I did the following:

1) added context parameters (the environment variables for JNDI)
<context-param>
<param-name>java.naming.factory.initial</param-name>
<param-value>org.jnp.interfaces.NamingContextFactory</param-value>
</context-param>

<context-param>
<param-name>java.naming.provider.url</param-name>
<param-value>localhost:1099</param-value>
</context-param>

2) copied all the necessary jars to the WEB-INF\lib folder

3) <ejb-ref> to the web.xml

 <ejb-ref>
  <description>reference to LoginBean - authenticates user's login and
returns rights level</description>
  <ejb-ref-name>ejb/AuthHome</ejb-ref-name>
  <ejb-ref-type>Session</ejb-ref-type>
  <home>authBean.AuthHome</home>
  <remote>authBean.Auth</remote>
 </ejb-ref>

4) added the following code to the servlet:

// Set properties
Properties newProps = System.getProperties();
newProps.put ("java.naming.factory.initial",
getServletContext().getInitParameter ("java.naming.factory.initial"));
newProps.put ("java.naming.provider.url",
getServletContext().getInitParameter ("java.naming.provider.url"));
System.setProperties (newProps);
AnEJB gocha = null;

// Obtain a remote reference
try {
  InitialContext jndiContext = new InitialContext();
  Object ref = jndiContext.lookup("java:comp/ejb/AnEJBHome");
  AnEJBHome home = (AnEJBHome) PortableRemoteObject.narrow (ref,
AnEJBHome.class);
  gocha = home.create();
}

catch (Exception e) {
  System.err.println ("An exception occurred while obtaining a remote
reference:");
  System.err.println (e.toString());
}

Object ref = ctx.lookup("java:comp/ejb/AuthHome");  //THIS LINE THROWS AN
ERROR

--------

why this lookup fails?
in the <ejb-ref> I explicitly typed that the ref-name is "ejb/AuthHome".

I know it is a small thing...

What am I missing?

Thanks!
David.