tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Vincent Massol" <vmas...@octo.com>
Subject Is it valid to use params in URL when using POST ?
Date Mon, 08 Oct 2001 19:26:16 GMT
Hi,

Is it valid (i.e spec. compliant) to pass HTTP parameters as part of the URL
when POSTing data ? I'm almost sure it works with all versions of Tomcat (I
need to verify though) but I'd like to know if it is 100% spec compliant and
whether you think all servlet engines would accept that. I could not find
anything against that in the HTTP 1.x RFCs but I wanted to check with you
first as it is an important internal change I'd like to make to Cactus.

Thanks a lot
-Vincent