tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Nikola Milutinovic" <Nikola.Milutino...@ev.co.yu>
Subject Re: mod_webapp
Date Mon, 08 Oct 2001 06:11:59 GMT
> I would like to add my own complaint about the complete lack of available
> software and no decent documentation regarding the installation of
> communication between Apache and Tomcat.

The docs are really lacking, but if you know C/C++ you can hack through... Of course, I haven't
tried Apache 2.0 and/or EAPI...

> There are many combinations that can occur (Apache 1.3.x/2.x and Tomcat
> 3.2.3/3.3/4.0) and the forums are rife with repeated questions that are not
> being answered.

Maybe they are busy fixing the reported bugs?

> We are expected to noodle over here to someone's homepage for some info:
> http://jakarta.apache.org/~hgomez/ajp13-tc4.0/
>
> and mosey around the web hoping to find modules and install docs.

That's for "ajp13" connector, mod_webapp is for "warp". Anyway, you got it, right?

> Did the developers really think that they could get away with releasing
> mod_webapp.so with no Apache EAPI interface except for a ridiculous message:
> "Loaded DSO libexec/mod_webapp.so uses plain Apache 1.3 API, this module
> might crash under EAPI! (please recompile it with -DEAPI)"
> The forums are rife with -DEAPI compile problems being reported.
>
> Not to mention no Windows release of mod_webapp.dll.

These guys are doing it for free! So, unless you're willing to get your hands greasy and HELP,
be thankful for what you've got already. I believe it will be out soon, just give them some
time. They've done a great job already.

> To the Apache/Tomcat connection developers: stop wasting our time with
> bloated promises of vapor software. Get your act together and come up with a
> decent description over at http://jakarta.apache.org. Stop expecting us to
> dig through the archives hoping for a nugget of useful information from one
> of you condescending to look at the tomcat-user forum for a moment.

Relax man. At least we have a mod_webapp that works! Soon, it will work with EAPI. And Apache
2.0 (what's the problem, anyway?).

Nix.