tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Ilya Goldin <goldin+tom...@pitt.edu>
Subject RE: tomcat stand alone and multiple ips.
Date Thu, 01 Nov 2001 02:19:25 GMT
> That's actually possible as well (with Tomcat 4) -- it just
> takes a little more work.  Let's assume that you want the following:
>
> * Host a.mycompany.com answers only on IP address 10.0.0.1 port 8080
> * Host b.mycompany.com answers only on IP address 10.0.0.2 port 8080

<snip>

Craig, thank you! This is exactly what I was looking for. I had it all
defined exactly as you describe, save for the all-important
>       <Connector port="8080" address="10.0.0.1" .../>

Knowing the right answer, I went back and looked this up in the Tomcat
documenation and sure enough, there it was.

This seems like a scenario that users might encounter frequently. I
nominate this for a FAQ entry, should anyone be compiling those.

-ig