tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Nikola Milutinovic" <>
Subject Tomcat startup/shutdown
Date Tue, 09 Oct 2001 10:00:14 GMT
Hi all.

Is it just me, or does anybody else have a problem with startup/shutdown scripts on all versions
of Tomcat?

Namely, ./bin/ and ./bin/ have the following:

BASEDIR=`dirname $0`
$BASEDIR/ start "$@"

This is not ENOUGH to run Actually, is happy with this, but "org.apache.catalina.startup.Bootstrap"
needs "-config ..." option set on the command line.

Rather than typing it manually, one should add it to both of these scripts, *after* "start"
parameter - is not very flexible. I've noticed some more problems with this, maybe
it is the shell/pwd thing, I don't know, but it is best to supply an absolute path for config

Why is this lacking in all versions of Tomcat?
Am I the only one having this problem (Digital UNIX, custom build everything)?

View raw message