tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Nikola Milutinovic" <>
Subject Re: mod_webapp
Date Mon, 08 Oct 2001 16:09:29 GMT
> A M E N ! ! ! !
> Glad to hear I am not the only person having problems getting a working copy
> of mod_webapp for the Win32 platform.  Keep screaming Stephen, as they say
> "the squeaky wheel gets the grease".  Maybe if we yell loud and long enough
> and fill this message board with enough requests for a Win32 mod_webapp we
> will finally get one.

Or you'll get booted out. Do you really think the developers are doing it on purpose? I find
that hard to believe. The lack of support for Win32 or Digital UNIX, for that matter, should
be traced to the original vendors and their lack of interest. It should have been Compaq's
job to make mod_jk work or at least see why it wouldn't. They have the software, license-free.

Trust me, you don't wanna know how much a Tru64 UNIX license for C++ or DEDladebug costs.
If those vendors cared about Tomcat on their platforms, they would have donated a platform,
or even an engineer, for that job alone.

OTOH, screeming at the developers will only piss them off, as they are not getting paid, plus
people are throwing insults at them. I know, mod_webapp is not working for Win32 - (sigh).
Has anyone asked "what can we do to help"? I know I cannot do much, except donate mod_webapp
for Digital UNIX (Apache 1.3.20 standard API), plus tips (which I've already posted to this
list). I don't have Visual C plus all the build environment for Apache. Here at work I have
one machine which is for testing, alone.

Anyone interested in the binaries for Digital UNIX? Can they be donated to

View raw message