tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Ilya Goldin <goldin+tom...@pitt.edu>
Subject RE: tomcat stand alone and multiple ips.
Date Thu, 01 Nov 2001 01:00:17 GMT
> > How can I attach an instance of tomcat to a specific ip?
> Right now it
> > monitors port 80 on all ips on the box.  Can I have one instance of
> > tomcat host multiple 'virtual' sites or do I need
> > to run seperate instances of tomcat listening to different ips?
>
> $TOMCAT_HOME\webapps\tomcat-docs\config\host.html
>
> Looks like you can have mutiple virtual hosts for one
> instance of Tomcat.

OK, fine -- but that's not what I want. I want exactly one virtual host
answering to exactly one domain name/ip request. If I have a machine
that binds to several different domain names and IPs, I only want Tomcat
to answer on ONE of those domain names. By default, it answers on all of
them.

In a way, I want a valve or filter to complement the existing Remote
Address Filter and Remote Host Filter. While those check the source of
the request, I want a filter that checks the explicit destination of the
request, so that my application does not launch if the request did not
explicitly specify its destination.

Is this functionality already available? Is there a workaround?

Thanks,
ig