tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Pere Torrodellas" <ptorrodel...@fihoca.com>
Subject Page access blocking
Date Mon, 29 Oct 2001 09:10:43 GMT
Hello,

I need to block direct (i.e. with a URL) access from browsers to pages in a
directory that is directly under a Tomcat webapp directory.

Searching this mail list and the Servlet API document lead me to try to define a
<web-resource-collection> in the webapp web.xml file for these pages directory,
but what I get is the browser displaying the user authentication dialog. This
prevents access indeed, but an "access error" or "page not found" kind of
response  from Tomcat would be much better.

This is probably a quite common need, so can someone please tell me how to do
it? Thanks in advance.

Pere Torrodellas