tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Heath Stewart" <hstew...@esotericrealm.com>
Subject Re: Using jsp / servlets for main web site?
Date Mon, 01 Oct 2001 16:51:32 GMT
Out of the box, huh? I untar'ed tomcat (already have jdk 1.3.1 and jsse
1.0.2 installed) and got that setup and tested it - no problems. I untar'ed
cocoon2 (latest) and did:

./build.sh --Dinclude.webapps.libs=yes -Dinstall.war=$CATALINA_HOME/webapps
install

This worked okay. I restarted tomcat and got the message I posted before.
Did I do everything right?

I also used mod_webapp.so to connect apache and tomcat. It almost works (it
connects, that is). The examples warpconnection reports that it isn't
deployed yet (even though I followed INSTALL.txt) but the cocoon connection
I made using the .war file starts sending everything but xml files as octet
streams. XML files is just returns the error in xhtml form (though not
proper xhtml) - the same error as before. So, it's actually doing something,
just not the right way.

Should cocoon let regular HTML and PHP files be parsed by / sent from the
server as normal and only try to parse xml files? If not, I'll have to
unmount cocoon from apache's document root (/) and put it somewhere else
(like /xml or something).

TIA

Heath Stewart
Systems Administrator / Developer