tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Rob Smyth" <>
Subject RE: class loader
Date Wed, 10 Oct 2001 16:58:52 GMT
Sorry to bother you with of-topic info.  Do you know how to unsubscribe
from this list?

Rob Smyth
Avarial Consulting

-----Original Message-----
From: Jay Wright []
Sent: Wednesday, October 10, 2001 9:56 AM
To: ''
Subject: class loader

Hopefully this is an easy question that has been worked over many times.

I've just switched from Resin to Tomcat 4.0.  I'm currently testing on
windows, though we'll deploy on Solaris.  Everything looks great so far
I'm overall very pleased, but have stumbled into one problem:  the
Class.forName(<classname>) is unable to find a class.  In this case, it
oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleDriver.  As I've ported the code from Resin to
Tomcat, I know my code is okay, but I wanted to make sure that I'm
with the Tomcat container.

I've placed the classes12.jar file (the oracle driver) in
%CATALINA_HOME%/lib.  I've done nothing else, such as add it to a

Do I need to explicitly set it in the classpath?  Is there a better
for it?  (I've also tried %CATALINA_HOME%/server/lib and

Any help would be appreciated.

View raw message