tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Dave Cramer" <D...@micro-automation.net>
Subject RE: Tomcat 4.0 Final and Xerces 1.4.3 Error
Date Sat, 13 Oct 2001 16:41:05 GMT
I am experiencing the same problem. I have moved xerces, and xalan into
the lib directories of the various webapps; that works in some cases but
not all

Dave

-----Original Message-----
From: Paul Dumais [mailto:pdumais@planetfred.com]
Sent: September 19, 2001 3:49 PM
To: tomcat-user@jakarta.apache.org
Subject: Tomcat 4.0 Final and Xerces 1.4.3 Error

Hi,

I am trying to use Tomcat 4.0 Final and my web application requires
Xerces 1.4.3 (for soap and cocoon1 ).  Previously I was using Tomcat
4.0-b7 with no problems, but this problem started happening when I moved
to 4.0Final.  Here is the error that I am getting:

java.lang.ClassCastException:
org.apache.crimson.jaxp.DocumentBuilderFactoryImpl
        at
javax.xml.parsers.DocumentBuilderFactory.newInstance(DocumentBuilderFact
ory.java:152)

My line of code which is producing this error is:

javax.xml.parsers.DocumentBuilderFactory documentBuilderFactory =
javax.xml.parsers.DocumentBuilderFactory.newInstance();

It looks to me like crimson is being loaded instead of my xerces.jar in
my web app.  Could this be related to the jaxp classloading problem
found in the tomcat4 faq?  Does anyone know of the solution to this
problem?

Thanks
Paul Dumais
pdumais@planetfred.com