tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "David Treves" <dw...@macam.ac.il>
Subject Really weird Error...
Date Tue, 30 Oct 2001 10:06:13 GMT
Hi,

I am working with Tomcat 3.2.3 on win2000. Actually this is the pack you can
download from JBoss. e.g. Tomcat integrated with JBoss.

Now, when I compile and run a servlet everything runs great, but if I decide
to update the servlet and recompile it WITHOUT restarting the server, once I
invoke a request to that servlet I get the following error. Note that
restarting the server fixes everything.

Error: 500
Location: /webTrails/admin
Internal Servlet Error:

java.lang.IllegalStateException: Can't happen - classname is null, who added
this ?
 at
org.apache.tomcat.core.ServletWrapper.loadServlet(ServletWrapper.java:261)
 at org.apache.tomcat.core.ServletWrapper.init(ServletWrapper.java:289)
 at org.apache.tomcat.core.ServletWrapper.service(ServletWrapper.java:372)
 at
org.apache.tomcat.core.ContextManager.handleStatus(ContextManager.java:1081)
 at
0)
 at org.apache.tomcat.core.ContextManager.service(ContextManager.java:758)
 at
onnectionHandler.java:213)
 at
 at
org.apache.tomcat.util.ThreadPool$ControlRunnable.run(ThreadPool.java:501)
 at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:539)

Any clue what is that strange error???

TIA, David.