tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "David Frankson" <>
Subject JDBC tyrex pool with JNetDirect JDBC drivers
Date Tue, 23 Oct 2001 22:46:46 GMT
    I'm struggling to get the JDBC-JNDI-Tyrex connection pool working with
the Netdirect JDBC driver and I keep getting a cast exception error

java.lang.ClassCastException: tyrex.jdbc.xa.EnabledDataSource

I configured the JBDC according to the Tomcat 4.0 docs, but I must be
missing something...

web.xml -

   <description>Campus Datasource</description>

server.xml -

 <Resource name="jdbc/campus" auth="Container" type="javax.sql.DataSource"/>
 <ResourceParams name="jdbc/campus">

Application -

 Context env = (Context) new InitialContext().lookup("java:comp/env");
 DataSource ds = (DataSource) env.lookup("jdbc/campus");

The J-netdirect drivers come with a JSQLXADataSource class, do I somehow use
this instead?  If anyone has figured this out, I'd appreciate a tip.

View raw message