tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Ed Lester" <eples...@syr.edu>
Subject Re: Apache Tomcat apj13 - Config. Pblm.
Date Fri, 28 Sep 2001 01:30:01 GMT
Whoops, user error :-)   I misspelled a worker name in the worker.properties file - now works
fine.

                         @@ Ed @@

>>> eplester@syr.edu 09/26/01 13:48 PM >>>
When Apache and Tomcat are on the *same* machine, I have been able to set up an instance of
Tomcat to function as a servlet container for an
Apache webserver using the ajp13 connector with mod_jk.  However, when Apache and Tomcat are
on *separate* machines, the client response after
several minutes is an HTTP 404 and the Tomcat console  displays an ArrayOutOfBoundsException.
 When the connector is changed to ajp12, it works fine.
     There has been mention of this problem as a bug when there is a POST of a significant
size but this is happening on calls for simple JSP's.
      My environment is the IBM HTTP Apache Server, based on Apache 1.3.19,  with Tomcat 3.2.3
on Windows NT 4.0.
      Does anyone have this (or a similar environment) working on *separate* machines with
the ajp13 connector?

                                                                         @@ Ed @@