tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Jeff Miller" <jmil...@gfs.com>
Subject Re: JDBC Connection Pool Theory ??
Date Fri, 21 Sep 2001 12:12:07 GMT
I am currently working on a research project involving comparing the various methods and approaches
to database connection pooling - my website has a few links to some vendor's sites and some
technical articles you may find useful.

You can get to it at http://www2.gvsu.edu/~millerjr/

Hope this helps

>>> jshoberg@cbd.net 9/20/01 10:37:44 PM >>>

	Can anyone suggest or point to readings on JDBC connection pool theory?
Something that covers how a pool is implemented, best case / worst case
scenarios, tips and traps.

	My next web application is looking to be very database (mysql) intensive.
I would like a pooling mechanism that is VERY simple to use, VERY light, low
overhead, and portable.  Having looked at packages such as poolman, I
decided I need to learn a bit more about JDBC and pooling in general.  Any
thoughts ?

Jon