tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Alexandre Bermand <berm...@ri.silicomp.fr>
Subject Binding tomcat and apache for my app.
Date Fri, 21 Sep 2001 17:12:06 GMT

Sorry for the newbie question,but I have a little snag concerning URL
matching  and arguments passing to a sevlet
(I don't even know if what I have to do is possible...)

I have a web server and an applet that should have the following
behaviour:
	* a client sends a http request to my server (let's call it 'camelot')
	with the URL : http://camelot/users/arthur/grail.html,
	where 'arthur' is an user name.
	* on the server is a file
		/home/arthur/XML/grail.xml
			(there is many files of that kind in that
			directory)
	*the requested html output is generated from the .xml file via a
	servlet.

So the question is:
	how can I configure Apache and Tomcat so that every request
	matching the pattern : http://camelot/users/*/*.html is passed
	to my servlet with the file /home/arthur/XML/grail.xml as an input ?

I hope it is not a too dumb question.

BTW: I have Apache-1.3 and tomcat-3.2.3 running on a linux server.

Thanks in advance,

A.B.

--
Alexandre Bermand - Research Engineer - Silicomp Research Institute
mailto:bermand@ri.silicomp.fr