tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Terrence Martin <twm...@its.to>
Subject Tomcat 4.0 Nor running 3.2 app
Date Tue, 18 Sep 2001 20:21:26 GMT
I have a rather large and complex servlet application that currently runs
with little modification in both Tomcat 3.2 and WebLogic 6.0.

I would like to move the Tomcat3.2 devs to tomcat4.0. However I am having
a bit of a problem getting the app to run.

I should point out that all of the example apps run, as well I have
written a simply test servlet that also runs. In the case of the test
servlet I built it with the servlet.jar with 3.2 and ran it under 4.0.

Attached is the entire error message I get when trying to run my larger
app..

Basicaly the core of it is this line from the web page.

javax.servlet.ServletException: Class ServletProxy is not a Servlet

In the logs when I restart I get.

2001-09-18 14:18:19 StandardContext[/dovetail]: Servlet /dovetail threw
load() exception
javax.servlet.ServletException: Class org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet
is not a Servlet

Then all subsequent servlet requests give this, marking X as not a a
servlet. I assume it does that whenever a servlet generates an error?

Any suggestions?

Cheers,

Terrence Martin
System Integrator

javax.servlet.ServletException: Class ServletProxy is not a Servlet
	at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapper.load(Unknown Source)
	at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapper.allocate(Unknown
Source)
	at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve.invoke(Unknown
Source)
	at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invokeNext(Unknown
Source)
	at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invoke(Unknown
Source)
	at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.invoke(Unknown Source)
	at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContextValve.invoke(Unknown
Source)
	at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invokeNext(Unknown
Source)
	at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invoke(Unknown
Source)
	at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.invoke(Unknown Source)
	at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.invoke(Unknown Source)
	at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostValve.invoke(Unknown
Source)
	at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invokeNext(Unknown
Source)
	at org.apache.catalina.valves.AccessLogValve.invoke(Unknown
Source)
	at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invokeNext(Unknown
Source)
	at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invoke(Unknown
Source)
	at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.invoke(Unknown Source)
	at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngineValve.invoke(Unknown
Source)
	at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invokeNext(Unknown
Source)
	at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invoke(Unknown
Source)
	at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.invoke(Unknown Source)
	at
org.apache.catalina.connector.http.HttpProcessor.process(Unknown Source)
	at org.apache.catalina.connector.http.HttpProcessor.run(Unknown
Source)
	at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:484)

Root Cause:
java.lang.ClassCastException: ServletServiceProxy