tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Jaek <smit2...@cs.fredonia.edu>
Subject Apache -> mod_webapp -> Tomcat 4 with multipart/form-data encoding problem
Date Wed, 26 Sep 2001 06:05:54 GMT
I've got a small test webapp that uses
com.oreilly.servlet.MultipartRequest in order to allow file uploading.

The following occurs while using Tomcat 4.0:

When I go to the web-app directly via the Tomcat server via port 8080
everything works fine.

When I go through Apache via mod_webapp to the Tomcat server I get the
exception "java.io.IOException: unexpected end of part".

Note that everything seems to be setup properly - I can execute the
servlets in the /examples webapp just fine.

Note also that it works correctly with the same Linux install and Apache
setup (on a different machine), but with Tomcat 3.2 using mod_jk.

Given the above information I suspect that it's mod_webapp that is having
the problems.

I am planning on reading through the any docs I can find on mo_webapp, but
won't be able to do so before the weekend.  However, I would like to have
this in place and working by Friday evening as we will be using this
install for servlet development (thus before I have a chance to dig in
deeper).

If you have an ideas or suggestions on how to get this working correctly,
please let me know.

Thanks in advance,
--Jaek Smith