tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Roger Wei" <khuhui....@verizon.net>
Subject Having problem with Tomcat 4.0b7 -> HTTP Status 503 - This application is not currently available
Date Sun, 02 Sep 2001 21:48:45 GMT
Hi everyone:

I go to
http://jakarta.apache.org/builds/jakarta-tomcat-4.0/release/v4.0-b7/ and download
jakarta-servletapi-4-b7.zip
jakarta-tomcat-4.0-b7.zip
, upzip them and rename as c:\Tomcat4

Then setup the CATALINA_HOME = c:\Tomcat4 , and move the "servlet.jar" into $catalina_home/lib

Now I can access http://localhost:8080/index.html without any problem,
but I can NOT run any JSP or Servlet example. The error message is
" HTTP Status 503 - This application is not currently available "

[ system: ]
windows2000Pro
Java 1.4 beta
Tomcat 4.0 b7

Please tell me what I miss in the setup progress, I've read all the document, but I can't
find a
" install.txt ", the C:\Tomcat4\webapps\ROOT\docs\appdev\installation.html can't solve my
problem.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Roger