tomcat-users mailing list archives

From ml...@roinet.com
Subject Re: pulling my hair out re: EJB in tomcat
Date Thu, 27 Sep 2001 21:04:45 GMT

>>      I've searched the archives to no avail.  I'm running Tomcat 4.0 /
>> Apache on RH7.1, with JBoss 2.4.1 on another machine.
>>
>>      I'm able to run the standalone demo app from the RH7.1 box with no
>> problems whatsoever.  I have a jndi.properties file in my classpath.
>>
>>      When I run Tomcat with the same classpath, I get "Name not defined
in
>> this context."
>
>Use the -nonaming option to launch Catalina. That will disable the JNDI
ENC
>support (and use the one from jBoss instead).

Thanks for the tip.  I found a little more info at
http://jakarta.apache.org/turbine/howto/jboss-howto.html
The example on that page is exactly what I'm trying to accomplish for the
moment, but I'm still experiencing problems.  I'm sniffing the network
between the computers, and the Tomcat box is definitely communicating with
the JBoss box (i.e., no more naming issues!).  Now, however, I get:

java.lang.ClassCastException: javax.naming.NameClassPair

Like I said, what I'm trying to accomplish is exactly what the example at
the above URL illustrates.  Any more ideas?

- Marty