tomcat-users mailing list archives

From joseph.val...@bnpparibas.com
Subject Re: R 馭. : Re: tomcat 3.2.3 hangs, AIX 4.3.3 (jre 1.2.2 and 1.3.0)
Date Fri, 21 Sep 2001 13:54:31 GMT

simon@lexues.co.jp wrote:

> joseph.vallot@bnpparibas.com wrote:
> >
> > infortunaltely, I can't make it work on aix.

> are you talking about the kill command?  That's a shame because
> I had a very similar problem and we could use the kill command
> to check tht they are the same.

I tried again: nothing happens... as far as I can see...

> When you open a connection to a URL on a HTTP 1.1 server Java
> uses keep-alive by default.  Java keeps the connection alive by
> having a thread waiting for some action on the socket.
> Therefore, even if you close the connection the thread still
> lives.

I don't understand: my sample make new url connections very
often: 50 threads opening URL connections every some seconds :
either "Thread.activeCount()" and "ps -o THREAD" give a constant
number of thread (after some "boot time").

So I don't see where keepAlive would have some meaning.

Did I miss something ?

--
Joseph Vallot