tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Stefan.Rasc...@asknet.de
Subject Antwort: Worm Attacks
Date Fri, 21 Sep 2001 12:50:53 GMT

Hi
you could set your properties for the application log to
"Overwrite events as needed"
Then the log will never be full ;>)
Or you need to increase the log size.

gruss

stefan

                    Cheong Takhoe

                    <Takhoe@apiit        An:     "'tomcat-user@jakarta.apache.org'" <tomcat-user@jakarta.apache.org>

                    .edu.my>             Kopie:

                                         Thema:  Worm Attacks

                    21.09.01

                    11:50

                    Bitte

                    antworten an

                    tomcat-user

Hi folks,

I've got a Tomcat 3.2 running on JDK 1.2.2 on Windows NT 4.0 with SP 5.
As we all know, worms like Code Red and Nimba are running rampant around
networks... probing for holes in IIS.

When I run Tomcat at console mode, I could see the attacks and probes made
by infected servers. Although the server is not infected, the Java on my
Tomcat  would in the end crash and a dialog box would pop up stating
"Application log is full".

Anybody experiencing such a scenario out and knows how to deal with this?
Got to keep the server running. Please help.

regards,
Cheong Takhoe