tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Sulman.J...@epamail.epa.gov
Subject Re: Limits of Web
Date Mon, 24 Sep 2001 16:54:33 GMT

I asked for help w/technical issues not advice on how to manage clients.
Please limit the answers to such.  Nobody's trying to get sympathy or pity;
just trying to do our jobs.

                    Pae Choi

                    <paechoi@eart        To:     tomcat-user@jakarta.apache.org

                    hlink.net>           cc:

                                         Subject:     Re: Limits of Web

                    09/24/01

                    11:12 AM

                    Please

                    respond to

                    tomcat-user

Then, they need to get help by getting professionals.

One would be the architect who can help you folks at least
understand what is the difference between the thin and thick
clients.

Second would be the security speciality who can help you
folks understand that the security is not a joke like anyone
suddenly realized and think they can grab and use it like
a plugable COTS.

I've seen many folks use the terms like "client", "customer",
"boss", etc just to win the battle and get some sympathy or pity.
You need to know how to manage the customer expectaton
as well as teach your stakeholders learn that they will not
get over night whatever they want and demand just because
they think they can piss around you.

Pae